Does it feel like you’re overwhelmed, under-loved, and under-appreciated in your relationship?
Is it hard to get your partner to understand your needs and meet them?
Are you afraid that you're growing apart or wondering if something is missing in your relationship?
Or, are you just tired of fighting?
You're not alone.
Having a great relationship doesn't have to be this hard.
Let's get things back on track.
All couples go through highs and lows in their relationship.
It is normal to have arguments, times when you’re not having sex as often as you’d like, or spells when you feel like the passion is fading and you’re going through the motions. But, you may be in a rut that you feel like you can’t get out of, and like the number of bad moments are starting to outweigh the good ones.
If you’re like many couples who experience a rut, you’re smart, successful, kind, and loving. Things look good on paper, but behind closed doors, there is a different story. You may start to wonder “Am I crazy? Is it my fault? Is something wrong with me?” or even “Is this is as good as it gets?”
You’re not alone! If this sounds familiar, then we want you to know that there is hope for your marriage and working with a trained Carrollton therapist can help!
Does this sound Familiar?
Things you may say or hear:
- I’m not important or a priority.
- You never listen to me.
- You’re selfish. You don’t understand.
- I’m not good enough. I can’t ever do anything right.
- Maybe we aren’t in love anymore.
- I’m unattractive or unlovable.
- What is wrong with me? Why do I feel this way?
- How long can I keep doing this?
- I’m unhappy. Is it over?
- I want to feel heard, important, validated, and like my spouse really cares for me. I want to feel loved, appreciated, and cherished. I want to feel happy, and like passion is in our marriage again. I want this marriage to work. I want to be able to talk about my needs, wants, longings, and fears.
- I want trust, good communication, and intimacy. I want to know that you’ve got my back and that when I really need you, you’re there for me.
Maybe you've tried:
- talking to friends/family or a pastor
- reading self-help books
- talking it out but it turns into a fight
- ignoring it and hoping it gets better
- walking on eggshells
- improving sex life
- talking about having a baby
- or even having an affair.
You may be feeling:
- Afraid that your partner may not be able to meet your needs, that your spouse may not value your or the marriage, or afraid that you can’t depend on your spouse when you really need them.
If this sounds like you, we imagine you’ve got a lot at stake right now. You’ve invested a lot of time, love, and energy into your relationship. There’s a history there, and the hopes of a better future together. We're glad you’re here, because it can get better.
Marriage counseling and couples therapy can help you get out of the rut. Working with a therapist can help you create…
- Improved Communication: Learn to clearly express needs and concerns and have them heard, understood, and validated. Know how to respond to criticism or defensiveness so that conflict gets resolved quickly and effectively
- Increased Trust: Learn how to calm, comfort, soothe, and reassure one another when insecurities are running high, and learn to depend on each other when you are needed.
- Greater Intimacy: Feel connected and engaged so that you can share deepest fears and longings with one another and learn to rekindle passion, desire, and eroticism.
And that’s just the beginning!
Here at Therapy & Co. Counseling Center in Carrollton, we have Master's level licensed therapists who have devoted their professional careers to helping couples and individuals just like you get unstuck and back on track so that you can have a life that is healthy, happy, and brings you great joy and love. We offer couples counseling, marriage counseling, family counseling, relationship counseling, and individual counseling.
Make an appointment with our West Georgia counseling center today.
If you’re ready to dive in and get started, we are honored to hear your story. Research tells us that couples wait on average 7 years before they seek help in their relationship. Please don’t wait another day. It’s time to feel better.
Give us a call today at 678-796-8255. If you are ready to get started right away, click here to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you, hearing your story, and seeing if we can help get things back on track.